Taco iPad Promotion Rules
OFFICIAL RULES FOR TACO ADVANCED HYDRONICS FACEBOOK PAGE IPAD PROMOTION (THE "PROMOTION").
PROMOTION OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
All individuals registering to participate ("Participants") in the Taco Advanced Hydronics Facebook Page iPad Promotion (the "Registration") for the benefit of Taco, Inc. (the "Sponsor") do so upon the following express terms and conditions (the "Promotion Rules").
1. SCHEDULE OF THE PROMOTION: Promotion begins 12:00:01 a.m. ET on January 12, 2011 and ends upon reaching 1,000 Registrations or January 1, 2012, whichever comes first (the "Promotion Period").
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You must click the "Like" button on the Taco Advanced Hydronics Facebook page and complete the required information on the "Sweepstakes" tab. All Participants must strictly comply with these Promotion Rules. Limit one (1) entry per person and the use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter a Registration, Participants must be 21 years of age or older at the time of Registration and have a complete US postal mailing address. Employees of the Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and the immediate family members of such employees and any persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, AND A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ANY PARTICIPANT'S CHANCES OF WINNING THE PROMOTION.
4. PRIZES: There shall be a total of five (5) prizes, each consisting of an Apple iPad (16GB Wifi version). One (1) prize shall be awarded to each of the Winning Participants. The prize shall be one (1) Apple iPad (including sales taxes and other fees) with an approximate retail value of $499 (the "Prize"). The Prize shall be delivered to the Winning Participant subject to availability. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the Prize become unavailable for any reason. The Participant shall be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any, associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize. Apple and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.
5. PRIZE SELECTION CRITERIA: The Sponsor shall select one (1) winning Participant from all Registrations in a random draw for every 200 Registrations received, up to a maximum of 1,000 Registrations in the aggregate (i.e., one (1) random draw upon receipt of the first 200 valid Registrations, one (1) further random draw upon receipt of 400 valid Registrations, one (1) further random draw upon receipt of 600 valid Registrations, one (1) further random draw upon receipt of 800 valid Registrations, and one (1) final random draw upon receipt of 1,000 valid Registrations). Each Participant who is selected in the random draws (the "Winning Participant") shall be notified that he or she has won the Promotion no later than one week after the completion of the random draw. The Winning Participant will be required to complete, sign and return a release form within five (5) days of his or her receipt of notification. The Winning Participant will be posted on the Taco Advanced Hydronics Facebook page.
6. WINNING PARTICIPANT RELEASES: The Winning Participant, by acceptance or participation, hereby agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, as well as their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damage to persons or property arising out of their participation in the Promotion and with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
Participants agree to the following:
(a) these Promotion Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
(b) an unclaimed Prize shall be forfeited.
(c) If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, for reasons including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (i) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or any website; (ii) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any property or service, or (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
(d) Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential Winning Participant to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Promotion or the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
(e) By participating in the Promotion, each Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Facebook, Inc. and the Sponsor, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to an entrant's entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Promotion, acceptance or use or misuse of a prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: These Promotion Rules and their performance will be binding on all Participants and their heirs, administrators, executor, successors and assigns. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Promotion Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Rhode Island without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Participant acknowledges that Sponsor may nonetheless (i) seek to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to enforce the provisions of these Promotion Rules and/or; (ii) bring an action in court to protect or interpret any of Sponsor's purported intellectual property rights. These Promotion Rules will not be assignable by Participant. Sponsor, its respective parents, successors and assigns, will have the unlimited right to assign these Promotion Rules and the rights granted at any time, in whole or in part, to any party.
9. Promotion Results: To request the name of the Winning Participants, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Taco Advanced Hydronics Facebook Page iPad Promotion, c/o Taco, Inc.,1160 Cranston Street, Cranston, RI 02920. All such requests must be received by January 1, 2012.
10. SPONSOR: Taco, Inc., 1160 Cranston Street, Cranston, RI 02920.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK.